
Opening hours
Closed during winter
Price list
From 0 to 14€
Accessibility
Partially wheelchair accessible
History
Beaufort’s castles consist of one medieval fortress and one castle from the 17th century.
The medieval fortress was constructed in 4 architectural phases with the first starting around 1015 and the last taking place in 1650. During these periods the castle changed hands several times with each new owner making their own unique contributions to the property. These contributions can be detected in architectural elements from different periods. In November 1639, Baron Jean de Beck, Governor of Luxembourg for king Philip of Spain, bought the medieval castle from its prior owner who had been forced to sell it after the Thirty years war had lefts its mark. Not only was de Beck most likely behind the addition of the cross-windows to the medieval castle but it was also he who ordered the construction of the new castle, adjacent to the fortress.
The construction of the new castle, commonly known as "Renaissance Castle", started in 1643 and was finished in 1649. Baron Jean de Beck never saw the completion of this building as he died in 1648. Despite the short construction period in which it was built, the castle never suffered any greater damage. Apart from a few additions and alterations over the centuries, it has remained essentially unchanged for over 360 years.
In 1932, one of the most recent owners of Beaufort castles, Edmond Linckels, opened the medieval castle doors to the public and launched the production of Cassero, a liqueur made from blackcurrents, which is still produced in the castle cellars today.
In 1981, Anne-Marie Linckels Volmer, transferred the Beaufort Castles to the Luxembourg State in return for a life annuity with the right of residence. Today, you can visit the 17th century castle´s impressively furnished rooms, gardens, stables as well as the distillery.
Contact
Tel.: +352 83 66 01
E-Mail: contact@beaufort-castles.lu
How to get there?
24, Rue du Château
L-6313 Beaufort
Opening hours
The medieval castle is closed during the winter and will reopen on March 15, 2026.
The 17th-century castle ("Renaissance" castle) can be visited with a guide, only upon request by emailing info@monuments.lu.
Price list
In a situation of disability
The Medieval Castle:
(Prices include liquor tasting)
Adult: 7,00 €
Group (from 12 people): 6,00 €
Children (0-6 years): Free
Children (7-18 years): 4,00 €
Pupils + students (< 27 years): 4,00 €
Culture Pass: Free
LuxembourgPass: Accepted
Hostelling International: 5,00 €
The "Renaissance" Castle:
(Prices include medieval castle + liquor tasting)
Adult: 14,00 €
Children (0-6 years): Free
Children (7-18 years): 7,00 €
Pupils + students (< 27 years): 7,00 €
Kulturpass: Free
LuxembourgPass: Accepted
Dogs
Unfortunately, the medieval castle is not accessible by wheelchair.
The renaissance castle can be visited under certain circumstances. Please contact us for further information.
Dogs are welcome on the medieval castle grounds but must be kept on a leash. However, no dogs are permitted in the renaissance castle.






